Inline Plastics is an industry leader in custom plastic extrusions. With over 75 years of combined experience, we deliver expertly crafted products at competitive prices, with turnaround times that meet your needs. We eliminate the cost of secondary operations by performing them during the extrusion process, saving you time and money. Our solutions for the construction and roadwork industry include durable, weather-resistant products like road delineators, k-rail markers, marker flag poles, and more.
Products We Offer to the Construction & Roadwork Industry
Inline Plastics offers custom-designed plastic extrusions for the construction and roadwork industry. We work with over 25 different thermoplastics and create custom extrusion dies to ensure the unique needs of each application are met. Our most common products for construction and roadwork applications include:
- Road delineator tubes/profiles: Installed along roads and highways to direct traffic during abnormal conditions, these posts are typically around three feet tall and are bright in color with reflective strips for optimal visibility. Road delineators are also used to direct traffic through construction sites, parking lots, during inclement weather conditions, highway maintenance projects, and other outdoor applications.
- K-rail marker profiles: Also referred to as barrier reflectors, this product features a reflective surface and is mounted either along the top or side of concrete barriers. They are available with high-intensity reflective faces on either one or two sides and can be attached using several methods. Construction-grade polyurethane, butyl pads, epoxy, or mechanical fasteners are all attachment options for this product.
- Plastic extrusion profiles: Custom plastic extrusion profiles are used to make a diverse range of products for the construction and roadwork industry, from window and door frames to roofs, tubing, and piping systems. These highly durable products offer many benefits over traditional materials, including increased resistance to weathering and corrosion.
- Marker flag pole tubes: Extruded marker flag poles provide a durable and reliable means of marking potential hazards in construction environments. We produce brightly colored options in a range of strength capabilities to withstand the challenges of any working environment.
Construction Extrusion Materials Options
Products used by the construction and roadwork industry must withstand harsh environmental conditions reliably. To meet these needs, Inline Plastics works with a comprehensive range of standard, specialized, and engineered plastic materials. Our selection of construction plastics includes:
- Acrylic (PMMA)
- Noryl® (PPO)
- Polycarbonate (PC)
- Polyethylene (PF)
- Polypropylene (PP)
- Polysulfone (PSU)
- Polyurethane (PU)
- Ultem® (PEI)
Our expert team can help you determine the most suitable material for your application.
Advantages of Plastic Profiles for Building
In building and construction applications, extruded plastic profiles offer several unique advantages compared to other materials. For example, while metals can be vulnerable to corrosion and weathering, plastics are uniquely durable and long-lasting. They require little maintenance and are easily customizable to achieve virtually any desired color and shape. Some of the other key advantages of plastic profiles for building applications include:
- Easy to assemble
- Self-extinguishing materials
- Excellent thermal and acoustic insulation properties
- UV and weathering resistant
Plastic Extrusion Shapes for All Construction Applications
Inline Plastics creates many customized products for the construction industry. For example, our road delineators are crafted using custom-extruded plastic shapes. Our flat-top delineator tube is rugged and versatile, featuring a built-in grip on top. They are created from bright, eye-catching orange LDPE (low-density polyethylene) and feature built-in UV stabilizers to ensure long-lasting brightness and maximum visibility.
For delineator tubes that include reflective tape, our unique design features a recessed application area to provide protection and ensure maximum durability. They can also be used in conjunction with cone bars to make easy-to-set-up barriers. We offer delineators in both standard and custom lengths, all featuring a consistent profile free of weak points and gaps. While we do not make road delineator bases, we do provide assembly services to attach your bases to our finished products upon request.
In addition to delineators, Inline Plastics creates plastic extrusion shapes for many other diverse construction needs. Whether you’re looking for an extrusion to use as a chair rail or need custom trim molding, we can help. With a virtually unlimited selection of colors and finishes, including simulated metallic and simulated wood grain, we can create a custom product that meets your aesthetic and performance goals.
Construction and Roadwork Solutions From Inline Plastics
Construction and roadwork environments require durable, long-lasting products that not only perform at high standards but adhere to demanding aesthetic specifications as well. As an industry leader in custom plastic extrusions, Inline Plastics helps our customers obtain well-crafted products on time and within budget. To get started on your solution, request a quote today. You can contact us through our website or by calling (909) 923-1033.